Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The New Intern

Hello! My name is Karissa Sanford and I am the newest of the 24/7 Weather interns! I've been working for about two weeks and I already love being at ABC 7. I'm currently working towards my Bachelors of Science degree with a major in Meteorology at Metropolitan State College of Denver. With the quickly changing fall weather, Denver has turned out to be the perfect place to study! I'm originally from the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois but I moved out here last January for school. I miss home like crazy but Denver and all of its people have made my experience here nothing but wonderful. Plus, the mountains aren't too bad either!
Like some of the other folks around the station, my love of meteorology stems from storm chasing. While I would love to make that my career, I aspire to be a broadcast meteorologist. Hopefully, someday, I'll be as good as the 24/7 staff! I have learned so much from them already. And, the more I learn about meteorology, the more I love it! I'm currently working with Scott Mace on the 5 and 6 am broadcasts. Be sure to tune in and look for me and all the other 24/7 Weather interns! Also, keep checking theDenverChannel.com as well for more blog updates from Kim, Chris, and I. I look forward to an exciting season of forecasting this winter!

No comments: