Friday, August 3, 2007

My First Week

Hello!

Even though my picture is not up yet I thought I would send a shout out anyways! My name is Kim Insana and I am currently the new weather intern for the fall. I am about to start my Junior year at the University of Northern Colorado working on a degree in meteorology. The other fall intern, Chris Yates, is also from the University of Northern Colorado. We are both very excited that UNC is represented so well!

A little bit about myself-I LOVE the weather! It is all I talk about. Being able to work with Mike Nelson is going to be such a good experience and I can not wait for him to teach me some of his forecasting secrets! I am rather excited for this school year to start because I am going to be taking all major classes this semester. I will be taking Dynamic Meteorology, Computer Science, and Oceanography.

At UNC I am the Vice President of the student chapter of the American Meteorlogical Society, and I can not wait to see what this year holds for the chapter! We are currently working on several community service projects. One of these projects is a tornado machince that we have put together that we will be taking to the middle and elemetary schools in Greeley.

I am already having a blast here at 7 news, and I have only been here for 1 week! The people that work here are so nice and very welcoming. They have made me feel at home from the very first day I walked in. This internship is going to be a blast! I'm still working on convincing Mike to let me ride in the Air Tracker, you will be the first to find out if it actually happens!

No comments: