Thursday, March 13, 2008

It Has Been Quite a Long Time!

Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since my last blog. This year has been brought nothing but chaos. I started out the year heading to New Orleans for the 88th Annual American Meteorological Society Convention. As soon as I got home, it was nothing but go, go, go. I have been on the move ever since. Our chapter of AMS at UNC is really growing and we are accomplishing a lot in our community. Ten days after getting back from New Orleans, I was able to celebrate my 21st birthday! I was still feeling the effects a few days after!

The next big event, the National Storm Chasers Convention. I attended the convention on the weekend it was held and I was able to me all sorts of people. I was able to sit and talk to several members of the Storm Chasers crew from the Discovery Channel. After a long, but fun weekend I settled in for another fast paced week. That came to a halt when I became sick, and was unable to attend school or come to the station for 2 weeks! Well this pretty much brings me to present!

Now that I am only able to come to the station for 1 day a week, I have only been here 4 or 5 times since I came back at the end of January. It has been a blast! I have gotten back in front of the green screen, and for not being able to practice for 3 months, I felt I did pretty darn well! A few more sessions in front of the chroma key and I am back to where I left off. Most of my nerves have been kicked to the curb, and I absolutely love getting in front of the chroma key and giving a forecast!

I am still cruising in the fast lane, but I have to take it easy as to not get sick again. You will here from me again. I hope all of you are well!

No comments: