Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome to the Morning Shift!

I was very excited to get a chance to work with Scott Mace at channel 7 in the mornings. I am a student at Penn State, so coming to Colorado has been quite an adventure. The morning shift allows me to have another job later in the day so this was the best fit for me. I haven't always known I wanted to work in TV, but i knew Meteorology was right for me. I decided to have a news internship this summer in order to explore my options with a career in Meteorology. So far it has been a very positive experience. I normally get up around 2:30 am and make the commute from Boulder to Denver. It is very nice to be up that early because it limits the traffic. I also get a chance to start on the graphics and some forecasting before Scott gets here around 3:40 am. I start forecasting for our "master cities" list. We have quite a few cities and its nice to get that going early. I then talk with him some about the forecast, update the website, print things for him to use, and make some surface maps on our graphics program. It is nice to watch someone as experienced as him forecast everyday. Over all I've learned a lot. I will try to be frequent with updates on more of the day to day experiences, as they everyday can be very different.

No comments: