Friday, July 11, 2008

The Countdown Begins...

Hello Everyone! I thought things would settle down once the spring semester was over, but boy was I mistaken! Like Ava, I was fortunate enough to attend the AMS 36th Conference on Broadcast Meteorology. I opted to be a student volunteer so I got to be a part of the behind the scenes action. I met some wonderful Meteorologists and made some invaluable contacts. Not to mention some excellent presentations on global climate change, communicating the uncertainty in forecasting, and the crazy weather of Colorado.

After the conference was over, it was back to the station for the morning newscasts. After I graduate, I'm moving back home until I can get a job. Until then, I'm trying to do as much as I can around the station. Gaining as much experience in the industry as I can will be crucial to my success in getting a job. I've started looking around, but it will become my full focus as soon as school is out. I know Chris Yates had an interview recently and I hope that it went well!

Between interning here at the station, taking summer classes, and looking for jobs, it's been a busy summer. Thank goodness for the temperatures in the high 90s, otherwise I wouldn't know it was summer at all! It's been a hot, dry, and therefore dangerous season so far. Our hearts go out to all of the families affected by wildfires. There will be some relief in the next few days as a cold front passes through our area tonight. A slight break in the heat, but not much in the way of moisture. Things will heat back up just in time for the work week.

Thankfully, among all of the craziness, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Only eleven days of class left, which means only eleven days till I graduate! I cannot wait! I will definitely miss interning here at the station, being a college student, and living here in Denver. I have loved every minute of my time out here!

Stay cool and hydrated in this crazy heat! Enjoy the rest of the summer. In eleven days, I plan on it!

No comments: