Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer is Almost Here!

As a high pressure system builds in the western US this weekend, it will begin to feel more and more like summer. And I couldn't be happier! Wednesday marked the end of a very long, difficult semester for me at Metro State. The past few weeks have been the busiest of my entire life. An endless stream of papers, projects, and tests kept me working constantly up until the very last minute. On top of all of that, I have been working as much as possible on my audition tape the past few weeks. I absolutely love working up on the chroma-key (green screen) so it doesn't usually feel like work. Lisa has helped me so much through this process and I can't thank her enough. I'm hoping that the work we've been doing will help set me apart from the rest and get me a job by the end of the summer! It's going to be a long and arduous process, but it's something that I want more than I've wanted anything in my life. I'm really looking forward to finishing up my tape and getting out into the real world!

But first, I have to finish up my degree this summer. I'll be taking two upper level math classes and will continue taking forecasting classes in the coming months. Senioritis is definitely kicking in, especially after the past few weeks. The beginning of August cannot come soon enough! I'll keep interning at KMGH-TV this summer as well. I want to learn as much as I can and gain as much experience as possible before I graduate.

Thankfully, I get a week and half break before summer classes start. No rest for the weary, however. I'm flying home to Chicago for a few days, then off to Maryland for my best friend's graduation and commissioning from the Naval Academy. I'm so proud of her and can't wait to spend some time with her! Then it's back to Chicago for a few days before returning to Denver for school. It's going to be busy, but a lot of fun!

Congratulations to Chris Yates and all of the graduates out there! Enjoy the nice weather!

No comments: